DUBLIN, October 1, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The report “5G Substrate Materials Market – A Global and Regional Analysis: Focus on Product, Application and Country-Wise Analysis – Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2031” has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Global 5G Substrate Materials Market Expected To Reach $ 1,624.3 million by 2031, with a CAGR of 24.1% during the forecast period 2021-2031. Market growth is expected to be primarily driven by increasing investments in the adoption and deployment of 5G communication across the globe.
- Development of advanced high-performance materials allowing the deployment of 5G technology
- Countries are rapidly investing in the deployment of the 5G network across the world
- Growth of Internet users and edge computing devices
- High Cost of 5G Substrate Materials Impacting Market Growth
- Delays in spectrum allocation and deployment expected to impact demand for 5G substrate materials
- Various technical challenges faced by manufacturing companies
- Slower transition from the older generation of communication to 5G technology
- Countries at an early stage of 5G deployment expected to introduce growth opportunities for materials manufacturers
- Companies that increase their manufacturing units will create opportunities for market stakeholders
- Application: Smartphones, base stations and more
- Product: Organic laminates (polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), liquid crystal polymer (LCP), polyimide (PI) and others), ceramics and glass
- North America: United States and Canada
- Europe: Germany, France, Italy, and Rest-of-Europe
- Asia Pacific and Japan: Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, and Rest-of-Asia Pacific and Japan
- Rest of the world: South America, Middle East and Africa
Highlights by segment
One of the most important end-applications of advanced substrate materials is the 5G smartphone industry. New 5G smartphones require 4X4 Multiple Input and Output (MIMO), 8×8 MIMO or even more complex antenna arrays to operate over the mm wave frequency range. Companies are developing more advanced and compact antennas that operate on the 5G frequency spectrum. With an increasing number of smartphone users, the demand for substrates is also expected to increase in this application.
In the emerging era of 5G, 5G infrastructure and components are in high demand in the market. Organic laminates cover the thermosetting insulating materials used in flexible copper laminates and rigid copper laminates as raw materials for printed circuit boards. Organic laminates consist of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), liquid crystal polymer (LCP), polyimide (PI), polyether ether ketone (PEEK) and other substrate materials used in the realization of 5G technology. These materials find their applications in various end-use applications such as smartphones and base station antennas.
China is the biggest consumer of 5G substrate materials, mainly due to the growing number of 5G base stations and the presence of various smartphone manufacturers such as Huawei and Apple.
Key company profiles and competitive benchmarking
- Asahi Glass Company (AGC) Inc.
- Daikin Industries
- DuPont de Nemours Inc.
- Showa Denko Materials Co. Ltd.
- ITEQ Company
- Kaneka Company
- Kuraray Co. Ltd.
- Panasonic Corporation
- Avient Company
- Rogers Company
- Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.
- The Chemours Company
- Toray Industries Inc.
- Taiwan Union Technology Company
- Ventec International Group
Key questions addressed in the report
- What factors are predicted to impact the global 5G substrate materials market?
- How big is the global 5G substrate materials market in terms of revenue from 2021 to 2031?
- How much revenue is expected to be generated by the different types of 5G substrate materials?
- Which application of 5G substrate materials is expected to be dominant during the forecast period 2021-2031?
- Which companies are the major players in the global 5G substrate materials market and what are the major market strategies adopted by them?
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/gr95t5
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets