DUBLIN, December 14, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Sugar Substitutes Market by Source, Type, Product, Form, Application – Global Forecast to 2028” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The sugar substitutes market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% from 2021 to 2028 to reach $ 24.1 billion by 2028.
Passing thorough secondary and primary research and in-depth analysis of the market scenario, the report performs the impact analysis of major industry drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. This market is characterized by more diverse operations, which offer healthy products, mainly due to the growing health awareness and consumer preference for foods with healthy ingredients.
The strong growth in the sugar substitutes market is mainly attributed to factors such as increasing demand for functional food products, increasing prevalence of diabetes and obesity, and increasing demand for natural sweeteners. However, strict government regulations and adverse health effects associated with sugar substitutes are expected to restrain the growth of this market to some extent in the near future.
On the basis of the source, the artificial sugar substitutes segment is expected to hold the largest share of the sugar substitutes market in 2021. The key factors contributing to the large share of this segment include the low cost of production compared to the substitutes. of natural sugar, a low price and a high shelf life, and a wide range of applications of artificial sugar substitutes.
On the basis of type, the high-intensity sweeteners segment is expected to account for the largest share of the sugar substitutes market in 2021. The key factor driving the demand for high-intensity sweeteners is their wide range of marketability. applications, their low production cost, their ease of use. use, negligible side effects and low cost compared to other sugar substitutes.
Based on the product, the sugar substitutes market is segmented into non-nutritive and nutritious sweeteners. Further, the segment of non-nutritive sweeteners is further divided into sucralose, acesulfame-k, neotame, saccharin, stevia, cyclamate, luo han guo (monk fruit) and other non-nutritive sweeteners.
Sucralose segment is expected to generate the largest portion of the revenue of the non-nutritive sugar substitutes market in 2021. The key factors contributing to the dominance of this segment are the increasing application of sucralose in food and beverage, the duration of high shelf life, and its requirement in low quantity to obtain the desired sweetness due to its high sweetness.
On the basis of form, in 2021 the solids segment is expected to account for the largest share of the sugar substitutes market. The large share of this segment is mainly attributed to its high availability and ease of handling; high powder concentration and high mixability; ease of use, transport and storage; better shelf life; and effective formulation of the product.
On the basis of applications, the food segment is expected to grow with the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. Growing consumer preferences for healthy foods, changing food consumption patterns and the intensive use of sugar substitutes in different foods, including baked goods, confectionery and salty snacks, are supporting the growth of sugar substitutes. sugar in food.
Asia Pacific is expected to grow with the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. The rapid growth of this regional market is mainly attributed to changing lifestyles, rapid urbanization, emerging trend of healthy foods and food ingredients, increased awareness of the health benefits of sugar-free products and to the growing diabetic and obese population.
Key questions addressed in the report-
- What is the current value of the revenue generated by the sugar substitutes market?
- How fast is the demand for sugar substitutes expected to grow over the next 5-7 years?
- What is the historical market size and growth rate of the Sugar Substitutes market?
- What are the major factors impacting the growth of this market on a global and regional level? What are the main opportunities for existing players and new market entrants?
- What impact is the current COVID-19 pandemic having on the Sugar Substitutes market?
- Which segments in terms of source, product, type and application are creating major traction for manufacturers in this market?
- What are the main geographic trends in this market? Which regions / countries are expected to offer significant growth opportunities for the manufacturers operating in the Sugar Substitutes market?
- Who are the main players in the sugar substitutes market? What are their specific product offerings in this market?
- What recent developments have taken place in the sugar substitutes market? What impact have these strategic developments created on the market?
- Growing demand for functional food products
- Growing prevalence of diabetes and obesity
- Growing demand for natural sweeteners
- Strict government regulations
- Adverse health effects associated with sugar substitutes
- Emerging economies
- Increase in R&D activities to develop sugar-free products
- Product labeling and claims issues
- Higher price of natural sweeteners due to higher production costs
- Clean the label
- Healthy lifestyle
The major players operating in the sugar substitutes market are
- Tate & Lyle PLC
- Roquette FrÃ¨res
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Dupont De Nemours Inc.
- Cargill Incorporated
- Ingredient Incorporated
- JK Sucralose Inc.
- Ajinomoto Co.
- The NutraSweet Company.
- Sudzucker AG
- Guilin Layn Natural Ingredients Corp.
- Zhucheng Haotian Pharm Co. Ltd.
- HSWT France SAS
- Stevialite Holding
Scope of the report:
Sugar Substitutes Market, By Source
Sugar Substitutes Market, By Type
- High intensity sweeteners
- Low intensity sweeteners
- High fructose corn syrup
Sugar Substitutes Market, By Product
- Non-nutritive sweeteners
- Luo han guo (monk fruit)
- Other non-nutritive sweeteners
- Nutritious sweeteners
- High fructose corn syrup
- Other nutritious sweeteners
Sugar Substitutes Market, By Form
Sugar Substitutes Market, By Application
- Pastry shop
- Savory and Snacks
- Nutritional and health supplements
- Animal feed
- Personal care
For more information on this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/8dz8hc
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets